28 enero 2007

The Letter of Paul to the Galatians

Perhaps about A. D. 48 Paul wrote a church in Asia Minor defining the Christian gospel against claims made by preachers who wanted the gospel to include more Jewish elements. Paul lifted legalistic requirements from believers and told them to live the life the Spirit led them to live in faith commintment to Christ.

Galatians shows: God gives salvation through faith in Christ without requiring slavery to any legalistic actions that would give reason for boasting (1:1-5:12); salvation through faith leads to freedom to serve all people in love as the Spirit leads (5:13-6:10); boasting comes not from human accomplishments but from new creation Christ makes you (6:11-18).

Galatians frees you to live in the Spirit and not worry about pleasing people by obeying human traditions and religious laws. (King James Bible)


Bible Verse(s) of the Week: As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you that that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(Galatians 1:9-12)

No hay comentarios.: